Thursday 14 June 2012

Day 3 at JLC by Lera Yakubova


Well… every day’s just getting better and better. Today my first lesson was French and we were watching the same movie which is called “Welcome”. It was still on the emigration theme. Unfortunately it had a sad ending. And in the end of the lesson our teacher told a little bit about herself. She was working with the immigrants as a translator and experienced all the horrible things some people have to go through.
Then I had an IELTS preparation which I had the first time since I’ve been here. We were divided into groups and had to speak to each other on different topics. And the most important thing I got from the lesson is you have know a LOT of things to get a decent score in your exam.
Then there was English literature. We were discussing Gothics and its presence in architecture and we even watched a cartoon based on Macbeth.
Chemistry was a little bit easier today. I understood pretty much everything. We were doing a practical too. That was my first chemistry practical ever and it went great.

Lera takes part in the A-level chemistry practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment