Monday 11 February 2013

My weekend by Gwen Chan

Saturday

After a rest this morning then I went to a windmill on the way to Lincoln. We had a look around – the first windmill I have been inside. It was an old working mill [but not spinning today]. We then carried on our journey.

We arrived in Lincoln and went to a small shop where I got souvenirs and then to a coffee shop for sandwiches and tea, it was a traditional English lunch. This was at the top of steep hill. Lynne and John took me to Lincoln Cathedral and we took some photographs. It looks very fragile and old but the windows are very impressive. I saw the castle but didn’t go inside.

Next we walked down steep hill and looked in some small accessory shops. I bought some more souvenirs. I bought a parker coat then had a walk back up the steep hill. It was exhausting! And we had a drink, too tired to shop any more. Nice city to visit, more like a village than a city.

At night we went to a Chinese restaurant in Scunthorpe to celebrate Chinese New Year. I had Singapore fried noodles (spicy) and Yeung Chow fried rice. It was very English Chinese food, not traditional, but I was happy to have rice with chop sticks! Overall a good day.
Gwen with host 'mum' Lynne at Lincoln Cathedral
 
Inside Lincoln Cathedral

Sunday – Chinese New Year

Today we went to a farm coffee shop for brunch. I had a super sweet cake. We then went to a garden centre for a walk, Lynne did lots of shopping – plants for her classroom at college.

Later we went home and baked some chocolate chip cookies - the first time I've made cookies (and they look great!) - and then in the evening I packed up my suitcase ready to leave on Monday.


Gwen doing a spot of baking
Waiting for the finished cookies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment