Monday 4 February 2013

Week 1: Chemistry, Maths and Physics lessons by Jessica Li

Chemistry

We are learning organic chemistry recently, which is quite different from what we have learnt in China. We had to do an experiment about the addition reactions of ethene, which helps us understand the reactions of alkenes. Then we learn about the addition of hydrogen bromide. The difference between here and China is that here we learn the chemistry knowledge more detailed.
 
Maths and Further Maths and Scary Maths

Maths is always the classes that full of Chinese students. We learn about function in maths class and bubble, shuttle, quick, shell sort in further math. It’s not as hard as the other subjects. The teacher in further math really gave me a lot of help to help me understand the difference between bubble sort and shuttle sort. It’s different from China that we have lots of maths exercise to do, here they do have exercise but not that much. 

Physics

This is the hardest class I think. Because the AS class are having practical  experiment, so I was sent to A2 class  to study. We learn  about resonances for the first class which is quite difficult for me, I couldn’t understand a word in the class at all which made me felt quite sad. It didn’t become better even when it was the last class for the whole week. I think it may be better if I started with AS class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment