Wednesday 6 February 2013

My weekend by Jessica Li

Saturday

Today I was feeling very tired. In the afternoon I went with my host family to Scunthorpe. We went to the cinema to see Life of Pi [which I really enjoyed] and then went to a big supermarket called Asda.

Sunday

I went to Lincoln today. Lincoln  is an small peaceful lovely city, that contains lots of English culture. We went to Lincoln cathedral and then Lincoln castle, but it’s the old shops in the lanes that gave me the deepest impression.

There is a canal running through Lincoln which separate Lincoln shops into modern ones and old traditional ones. Standing  among the new modern shops make you feel no different  between the other big cities in the world.  So I think it is the old shops that make Lincoln different. There are sweet shop, clock shop, clothes shops, pot shop, old book shops and lots of tea rooms among the old streets.

I went to a fossil shop where is full of fossils that are all collected by the shopkeeper. It was amazing to look at different kinds of fossils, it seems like you are connected with the antiquity when you are observing the fossils. Then I went to a tea shop where sells different types of tea and tea cups. The shopkeeper collected all kinds of tea cups or pots which are from China, Japan, German, England and so on. I’m very interested in tea cup so it took me a long time to wondering in the shop.

There are not many tourists at the time I go, which made me feel great that escape from the crowded. Although the transport are not convenient in Lincoln, but it’s still worth to visit there.     

No comments:

Post a Comment