Friday 27 April 2012

Day 10 at JLC by Rita Orlova

English and Media studies day. The first lesson was an English one. It was really good. They asked me different questions about the town and the country where I live. It was very nice of them. And then they studied different texts and discussed what they were about, what were the style and genre of the texts etc.
Next was English literature. Unfortunately for me they studied the Charles Dickens’ book that I haven’t read, so I could understand what they were talking about. So the lesson I spent by reading this book. And I can say that it was really hard for me as it was written in old English language.
After, I had media studies. And at first I couldn’t understand why there were so many boys on the course. I didn’t think that advertising is something interesting for boys. But during the lesson I changed my point of view.  They compared different advertisements and then spoke about women sexuality and how it is used in the advertising sphere. So, lots of boys were pretty excited about it.  And on the whole it was quite a funny lesson.
Unfortunately for me because of changes in the climate I’ve caught a cold and I couldn't enjoyed the lesson in the way I wantedL.
Moreover, the next lesson made me feel really sick. It was film studies. There they compared two films about vampires. In this case they watched their beginnings and ending.  And in fact they were terrible!!! They watched the film “Let me in” and “Marthin”. And I won’t recommend to anyone. As they are scary and sickening. And they have no positive theme in them. They make you upset and depressed. I think I’m not made for this. I like to watch different films and then discus them and compare with each other. But I wouldn’t be able to watch and compare such films like these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment