Monday 30 April 2012

Day 12 at JLC by Rita Orlova

It was my last day at collegeL. Why all last days are so warm and emotional? It’s not fair.
My first lesson was politics. And it was really good. They spoke about the House of Lords and about reform which is holding there now. I was glad to find out that I even could answer on some questions.
Next was law. The lesson itself was really boring but due to the nice guys at my table I didn’t feel bored. They were so funny and hilarious. We talked about different stuff and I even didn’t notice that the lesson was over. Also the teacher was nice and kind and tried to explain me different things whose meaning I couldn’t understand.
Geography lessons were quite interesting as they do the same topic that I have at school. So, it was really interesting to compare two different styles of teaching and learn the subject from different angles.  On the second lesson we watched very educational video about global warming and then had a short discussion about it.
Geology lesson was boring so I’ll move to the next subject - History. History was nice. They wrote an essay about Vikings and during the lesson I talked with the teacher about the subject itself.
I also have one last event tonight at college the International concert. Looking forward to going there and say good bye to all Russian speaking friends.
To sum it all up, I can say that JLC is really good college. Everything is great. There are nice teachers, helpful staff and nice students. I want to thank everybody who helped me during my stay in the UK. Thanks to my mum who arranged this trip and encouraged me all the time.  Thanks to my host family they’ve done so many good things and they are just awesome. Thanks to the International centre of JLC: Helen, Maggie, Clare, Steph you were so nice and kind and did all your best to help me feel comfortable at college. Thanks to nice students who helped me and were kind I’ll miss you all.
And I’d love to come to college and study there some day. J

No comments:

Post a Comment