Monday 23 April 2012

Weekend by Rita - visit to Lincoln

It was an educational day.  We went to Lincoln. It’s very old and very beautiful town. There are many small ancient streets. So I felt like I was one of those medieval people during the walk.
We went to the Lincolnshire life museum and there I got to know about the Lincoln town in different periods of time. Then we went to the Lincoln castle and got to the top of it. There was a beautiful view on the town. After, we went to the prison museum. And it was a bit scary. As everything seemed very plausible: all these rooms where the prisoners lived, the little church with false dead bodies.
Host 'brother' and 'sister' with Rita at Lincoln Museum
Then we went to the wing where there is a Magna Carta. Actually I didn’t expect that in the small town like this there would be such treasure like Magna Carta. And it was really interesting as mainly in Russia we speak quite a lot about it, but nobody sees the original example of it. Nobody except me J.
The Sunday was the day when Scouts celebrate the St. George day. So there was a big parade that started at the castle. And we were accidental spectators. It was so funny. All these little scouts in their amazing uniform, with many flags. It all looked so pretty.
After the castle we went to the Lincoln Cathedral. I think it was one of the most beautiful cathedrals that I’ve ever seen. It was really massive and impressive. Also there was a mass so the cathedral seemed even more beautiful.
Lincoln cathedral
After sightseeing we went to the Damon’s restaurant and it was so delicious and the atmosphere was so nice that I enjoyed everything. So I have to say thank you to my host family. They are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment